Saturday, January 31, 2009

Super Bowl Weekend Progress

Well it's the end of the day on Saturday and here's my progress. I've finished piecing and assembling my Double Delight. I'm really happy with it. But I'm going to take a break before I choose and attach the borders. I know I said in a previous post I wasn't going to use the on-point setting, but I changed my mind. The setting triangles are all the same pink. I really like the way it turned out.



So now I'm working on Old Tobacco Road. I've had a lot of the pinwheels and four patches done for several months now, so I started cutting the bricks and assembling the top from the upper left corner. Here's how far I got this evening.It's pretty scrap color controlled. I'm keeping it to the golds, browns, blacks, very dark reds, with a few dark blues and greens thrown in. It took me a long time to decide if I even wanted to make this quilt. Now, I'm glad I am; as usual with Bonnie's patterns.



I really want to join everyone tomorrow with a Strip Twist. But I can't decide if I want it scrappy or controlled colors. I pulled these batiks thinking they might work nicely in the Strip Twist pattern. I'd love to hear opinions from all of you before I actually cut into them.



More on my progress tomorrow.

I know so many of you are freezing, suffering power outages, ice, and snow. But, I just have to say here in the SF Bay Area, we are experiencing spring-like weather. I know I should be thankful we don't have the severe weather the rest of the country experiences, but boy I sure would like some winter. We really need the rain.

Warm wishes and prayers to all those who are suffering with the winter storms and power outages.

1 comment:

Andee said...

I love your Double Delight top! The Tobacco Road is looking good too. I am still on step three of DD...didn't to Tobacco Road. But maybe sometime. I don't plan to do a strip twist because I need to work on that step three, but I love that so many others are doing it, so maybe I will do a crib size one? LOL! Great work!