Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One Mystery Solved...

It's 5 pm and I've been at this QTMysteryQuilts mystery since a little after 8 this morning. I've completed all the blocks. Clue 11 is the layout. I'm out of steam for awhile so here's a pic of some of the blocks laid out on my wall. I really like it. Thanks Ann for letting us do this mystery. I impressed myself with my color choices. AND, that's 5 yards gone from my stash without even considering borders, backing, and binding which I haven't chosen yet.


I'm going to relax now and do something other than sewing to stretch my back. The problem is my cutting table is lower than it should be and that's where I cut and press. And, I don't think I have the right chair height for my sewing machine. So now I have an achy back. Ah, well such is life.

After I rest a bit, I will either sew the blocks together, OR start Bonnie's Double Delight. Either way I'll be working on my Double Delight tomorrow.

We've still got almost seven hours left in 2008. Happy New Year everyone.

4 comments:

Guilitta said...

Hello Karen,

I read your mail to the group and visited your blog. Your quilt looks beautiful. And you have a nice blog!

Sorra for the mistakes, my english isn´t good, but I hope you understand me.

Greeting Guilitta

Rose Marie said...

Interesting pattern and love the colours and fabrics you chose!

Pat H. said...

Your Mystery Quilt turned out beautiful. I love your focus fabrics. I haven't started mine yet.

Kucki68 said...

Your picture reminds me of a formal english garden, very lovely!