Friday, December 26, 2008

Getting Ready

Happy Day After Christmas everyone. I spent the day getting ready for two New Year's mystery quilts. I was delighted to wake up this morning to find that Bonnie is surprising us all with a new mystery to start on New Year's Eve day, Double Delight. Of course, I'm going to participate. Here're my fabrics that I pulled all from stash. I'm also going to pull 1.5" strips in neutral or pink since Bonnie dropped the hint in her fabric requirements.

And, then, I'm also going to do the QTMysteryQuilts Yahoo group mystery, also on New Year's Eve day. Of all the other mysteries out there, this one sounded most interesting to me. I think because I haven't done one of Ann's patterns before and I only had to choose four fabrics.

Now, with this quilt I have to pre-cut the fabric and pre-sew a bunch a half square triangles. I'll work on that tomorrow.

I think I'm also getting my interest back in Bonnie's Old Tobacco Road mystery from earlier this Fall. I had a bunch of the pieces cut, and then lost interest. Maybe tomorrow I will sew all those little tiny HSTs together and see how far I get.

1 comment:

marilyn said...

Love the colors on the bottom mystery quilt. I want to join a mystery quilt, but am a little scared. They are usually a little more advanced than my quilting skills, but maybe I should just jump in and try it out. The worst that could happen is I end up with another UFO!