Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baking is Done, Presents Wrapped...

Finally, Whew. Just finished my holiday baking. And while the cookies were in the oven, I finished wrapping the last gift. I'm ready. Which is good because I will be watching my grandkids for the next two days and I wouldn't get this stuff done while they are around. All I have left to do is make my broccoli rings for Christmas Eve, but I won't do that until Tuesday night.

Back to quilting. I've ben on a mission to get some of my tops ready for quilting. So, the first one out is my Orange Crush. I put the borders on a couple weeks ago. I just barely had enough of the purple to give it a 3 1/2" border. But I really like it. Here's a pic with the borders.

I've sandwiched it together and gotten some of the straight stitching done on it. I also used transparent nylon thread to outline inside the orange crosses. Not sure if I like it or not. Too subtle for me, but I didn't know what other color to use. Now I just have to figure out what else I want to do on it. It is so busy, it doesn't make any sense to do anything fancy.

Another picture I want to show you is of the six blocks from the Quilts Your Way Christmas in July swap. We only had six participants this year but I think the blocks are fantastic. I'm looking forward to putting a quilt together with these.



That's it for now. I'm on vacation until January 5th, so I'm determined to post at least once every other day about my progress on my quilty projects.

Happy Holidays Everyone.

1 comment:

Actor/ Director said...

Gorgeous work!