Saturday, June 14, 2008

Eye Candy

Well, I'm back from my trip to Pennsylvania and Lancaster County. What a trip. I absolutely loved the two days spent among the Amish. I learned so much about these interesting people. Not at all how they are portrayed in the movie Witness.

But most interesting of course were the quilt and fabric shops. I took so many pictures and have so many ideas for quilts I now want to make. Not to mention, I brought home 65 (yes SIXTY FIVE) yard of fabric. I was shocked when I added it all up. But the prices were just so great. At least 30% less than any of the fabric shops here in the Bay Area.

Here're some pics of my purchases.

I couldn't resist these fabric packs from the Old Country Store in Intercourse, PA.

These are fabrics from the Simplicity line by 3 Sisters for Moda. Perfect for a baby quilt I need to make for my friend's new granddaughter who arrives on June 30th. I think I'll use the Sassy Sixteen pattern by my online quilting friend Kimberly Camou.


The next group is every color I could find of the Fusions 7 line from Kaufman. This is my very favorite blender fabric. I bought at least a yard of each color.


I couldn't resist adding to my slowly growing collection of Batiks. These are mostly fat quarters with two 1 yard cuts.


And, these are some fabrics that just reached out to me begging to come home with me. I couldn't resist.

The last bit are the final fabrics I need to make my Granddaughter's princess quilt for her Birthday in September. I think I'll use the Sassy Sixteen pattern for this one too.


Now all I have to do is figure out where I'm going to put all this fabric.

1 comment:

kcdi said...

Karen,

I didn't realize you had a blog! I'm so honored that you would want to use those fabrics with my pattern. It looks like you had a fun time shopping! I can't wait to see all the things you make with all your purchases!