Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Day ?, Whatever...

Since my last post I've finished two more concentric square blocks. I really need to post some pictures of these blocks.

Our last class on Nov 3 was about foundation piecing and sashing. I am going to attempt to make a foundation block for the center of my quilt. It seems a bit odd to me though, that one would sew on paper and then rip the paper off. It seems I made some blocks years ago similar to this one without the paper. I suppose it makes sense from the point of view that the bias triangles could stretch out of shape.

I will give it a try and report back. I'm stuck on the fact that the pattern Cindi gave us is not accurate. That's my anal retentive side coming out. Everything must be perfectly aligned. So, I will try to draw it over making it even.

No comments: